Why is a steam bath good for you?
A steam bath is not as hot or as dry as a sauna, for example, and therefore does not put quite so much strain on the circulation. The hot steam also has many positive benefits for your health:
• The moist heat relaxes the muscles and relieves cramp.
• The steam bath provides relief from pain and rheumatic illnesses.
• It stimulates the metabolism and the circulation. Your cells benefit from more oxygen and nutrients.
• Tenseness is eased and the body is able to relax.
• The steam bath strengthens your tissues.
• It lowers high blood pressure.
• The body is detoxified.
• The humidity softens the skin, while the heat opens up the pores.
• The skin is flushed clean. It becomes softer and more attractive.
• The steam bath helps reduce skin inflammations.
• The gentle steam pampers the mucous membranes in the airways. Cold symptoms, hoarseness and inflammation of the nasal cavities and frontal sinuses are all alleviated.
• The change between hot steam and a cold shower boosts the immune system.
• The steam bath soothes the nervous system and relieves stress. Afterwards, you feel completely at ease, at peace and relaxed.